Wednesday, June 15, 2005

One step forward....

I was readying this blog when life got interrupted, as it frequently does, by “circumstances beyond one’s control;” my son’s appendicitis to be exact. He was hospitalized for several days, but it might as well have been two weeks for all that a lost week entails. He has missed school, more importantly his friends, and the plans that friends make. It’s only few days until the end of school, and somehow time lost now seems so much more important than it might have been two months ago. Still and all, at least these are the sum of his troubles; he was treated, he is fine… the happy outcome of the privilege to live near help, in an industrialized country, with parents who have health insurance. We should all be so lucky…..

As for me, I have lost momentum in several projects I had hoped might finally, fitfully begin to take hold and grow the way things do when you’ve given them enough of an initial push -- including this one! I sometimes feel like I am caught in a thicket of ideas and ambitions; too many to pick, to prune, to nurture; soon it’s all so overgrown I feel overwhelmed just thinking about what I ought to do, what I might possibly do … how little I can get away with. Well, here’s one piece of shouting out from under the thorny canes; I hope there will be more soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home